Author Topic: Read EAP file  (Read 7 times)

Isa89

• View Profile
    • Email
Read EAP file
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:33:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

I want to use the EAP data to analyse my students' development of knowledge (find syntax attached). Now I'm wondering how to read the EAP file. Can someone help me? What do the fifteen columns stand for?

P.S.: I'm using a five-dimensional model.

Thanks a lot in advance!

dan_c

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Read EAP file
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:46:05 PM »
The format of the EAP file is described in the manual:

https://conquestmanual.acer.org/s4-00.html#show

For plausible values (estimates=latent) and expected a-posteriori estimates (estimates=eap):

The file will contain one row for each case. Each row will contain (in order):

Sequence ID
PID (if PID is not specified in datafile or format than this is equal to the Sequence ID)
Plausible values. Note there will be np plausible values (default is 5) for each of nd dimensions. Dimensions cycle faster than plausible values, such that for nd = 2, and np = 3, the columns are in the order PV1_D1, PV1_D2, PV2_D1, PV2_D2, PV3_D1, PV3_D2.
the posterior mean (EAP), posterior standard deviation, and the reliability for the case, for each dimension. Note that these columns cycle faster than dimensions such that for nd = 2, and np = 3, the columns are in the order EAP_1, PosteriorSD_1, Reliability_1, EAP_2, PosteriorSD_2, Reliability_2.

If you use the option filetype to export a CSV, SPSS, or Excel file, you will see column headers providing a name for each of these columns.